We’re excited to share Brittany and Bobby’s stunning spring wedding, which took place at the O.Henry Hotel in May. The couple were introduced by mutual friends about five years ago, and have been inseparable ever since. Bobby proposed during a romantic weekend in Asheville, outside The Biltmore House, and the couple were married less than a year later.
Brittany originally wanted to get married outside, so she and her mom had visited a few outdoor venues, but none of them struck her. After her mom suggested she visit The O.Henry Hotel, Brittany was instantly transfixed. She fell in love with the Don Rives Cloister Garden, and the versatility of the Pavilion (which allows guests to flow inside and outside at their leisure). She also appreciated the convenience of being able to stay at the hotel all weekend. After much planning with Brittany’s mom, our hotel design team, and Relish Design, Brittany and Bobby were ready to say “I do.” The wedding took place in the evening, with about 100 guests in attendance. Brittany walked down the aisle to Mendelssohn’s classic “Wedding March,” and violins played during the ceremony. Brittany’s oldest friend and bridesmaid’s husband officiated the wedding, which took place in the Pavilion.
The couple made use of the entire terrace level of the hotel for their reception, which created a nice flow to the evening. The Hawkins Brown Room featured the DJ and dance floor, while the bar was set up in the Palmer Room, displayed hors d’oeuvres and a meat carving station in the Merchants & Manufacturers Room, and a dessert display in the gallery hallway.
Cocktail Hour Antipasto Display:
- Prosciutto, Soppressata, Olives, Artichoke Hearts, Peppers, Peperoncini Peppers, Onions, Garlic, Seasonal Bruschetta, Shaved Parmesan, Romano, Provolone, Grilled Bread, and Crackers
Passed Hors D’oeuvres:
- Balsamic Infused Tomato, Red Onion, Fresh Mozzarella and Pesto on Toasted Crostini
- Seared Tuna on Focaccia, with Romesco Mayonnaise and Shaved Parmesan
- Mini Crab Cakes served with Chili Lime Aioli
- Fire-Roasted Chicken and Mushroom Bruschetta with Herbed Ricotta Cheese
Displayed Hors D’oeuvres:
- Fresh Sliced Fruit
- Grilled Marinated Vegetables with Balsamic Dip and Harissa Aioli
- Roasted Turkey Breast served with Cranberry Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard and Brioche Rolls
- Rosemary-Crusted Rotisserie Fired Prime Rib of Beef, served with Grain Mustard, Caramelized Onions, Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Au Jus and Brioche Rolls
- Mashed Potato Bar with Shredded Tickler Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Bacon, Chives, and Butter
- Mini Strawberry Cobblers
- Key Lime Pie
- Pies by Green Valley Grill’s Laura Dominguez
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Wedding Planning & Design: Relish Design Company
- Photography: Mark Potter Photography
- Cake: Maxie B’s
- Linens: Party Tables
- DJ & Photobooth: Chris Fletcher, with Triad DJ & Events
For more information about creating a dream wedding in Greensboro, go to the O.Henry Hotel website.