Jamie and Brandon’s wedding was an example of simplicity at its finest. There were no color schemes, ornate decorations, bridesmaids or best men, just love. The couple met through a mutual friend and immediately felt chemistry upon being introduced. Brandon would later admit he knew Jamie was the one the night they had their first date. We’re thrilled that they chose the O. Henry Hotel for their special day. Green Valley Grill had long been a favorite of the bride and her parents and the couple thought the hotel would provide the idyllic, elegant setting for their wedding. On the first warm day of May, they wed in an intimate ceremony before 44 of their closest family and friends. The couple opted for a unique Friday afternoon wedding, in hopes of capturing as much natural light as possible. Their success is evident in each photo from their unforgettable day. After a magical honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas, they’re savoring every moment of newlywed bliss.
Guests enjoyed a extraordinary buffet lunch:
- Mixed Baby Green Salad with an Array of Julienne Garden Vegetables served with Five Herb Buttermilk and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled and Sliced Sirloin with Portabella Mushroom Bordelaise
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken, layered with Herbed Goat Cheese, topped with Lemon Garlic Sauce and Crispy Capers
- Mashed Potatoes
- Chef’s Seasonal Choice of Vegetable
- Sliced Bread and Butter
Recipe: GVG’s “Diva’s Delite” Chocolate Martini
- .75 oz Frangellico Hazelnut Liquor
- .75 oz Godiva Chocolate Liquor
- .5 oz Dark Crème de Cocoa
- 2 oz half and half
- Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a frozen, chocolate laced martini glass. Makes 1 cocktail.
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Florist: Brenda McLamb (Proximity Hotel)
- Bakery: Simply Scrumptious: (Flavors: Caramel Crunch, Marble and Raspberry)
- Music: Greg Hyslop (booked through Rob Massengale Entertainment)
- Photographer: Patrick Eilers Photography
For more information on the event you are planning in Greensboro, North Carolina, please complete our inquiry form, email our Sales Team members, or give us a call at O.Henry Hotel: 336-854-2000 or Proximity Hotel: 336-478-9111.