Anne and Colin’s wedding was a classy affair. They are high school sweethearts, with Colin being a year older than Anne. Before he was set to leave for college, he assured her their relationship was more than just high school. They remained together and seven years later, Colin surprised Anne with an artsy proposal, during her senior art exhibition at Meredith College. He had secretly painted “more than just high school” on a canvas and hung it in the gallery. He took a knee…and the rest is history.
We’re thrilled that Anne and Colin chose the O.Henry and Proximity Hotels for their wedding celebrations. The weekend started with a bridal shower luncheon in the O.Henry’s elegant Hawkins Brown room, featuring an afternoon tea menu. The room provided a charming setting that opened to a wonderful English-inspired walled garden featuring original art by our artist-in-residence, Chip Holton. O.Henry’s Pavilion and Don Rives Cloister Garden provided a romantic candlelit ambiance for the rehearsal dinner. The guests enjoyed a unique menu including a selection of three different family-style pasta dishes.
Anne and Colin were married at Our Lady of Grace church in Greensboro—the church Anne grew up in, and where she had always hoped to be married. After the ceremony, 140 guests assembled in the Revolution Room of the Proximity Hotel for an intimate cocktail hour. Dinner, dancing and other festivities followed in the Weaver Room.
- Shrimp Remoulade Shooters
- Mini Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- Assorted Flatbreads (Bacon and Caramelized Onion & Vegetarian)
- Mini Burgers on Baked Gougere
- Seasonal Greens with Dried Cranberries, Walnuts, and Feta, served with a Honey Tarragon Dressing
- Seared Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- Filet with Herb Butter
- Seared Salmon with Honey Lime Butter Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus
- Baguettes and Butter
- White and Milk Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Florist: Brenda McLamb
- Bakery: Maxie B’s: (Lemon Almond Buttercream)
- Music: The Craig Woolard Band
- Photography: White Box
For more information on the event you are planning in Greensboro, North Carolina, please complete our inquiry form, email our Sales Team members, or give us a call at O.Henry Hotel: 336-854-2000 or Proximity Hotel: 336-478-9111.