Sarah Rose and Osman met six years ago, while working at Whole Foods, in Chapel Hill. After about four years of dating, Osman took Sarah Rose out for a celebratory dinner one night at her favorite restaurant in town — Mediterranean Deli (she had just graduated from grad school). He told her he had a big surprise for her later, sparking Sarah Rose’s curiosity. When they got home he presented her with a large, heavy box, completely unlike the tiny one she was expecting. To her complete surprise and elation, inside the box was a huge leather-bound scrapbook Osman had made, entirely on his own (something that was quite uncharacteristic of him, as he is not much of a crafter)! The book was replete with several years worth of photos, notes, and mementos from their courtship, including some 100 post-it-notes the two had exchanged over the course of their time together. On the last page of the book was a ring, and Osman took a knee and asked Sarah Rose if she would marry him.
They both knew they wanted to get married at either the O.Henry Hotel or the Proximity Hotel, but after Sarah Rose and her mom took an official tour of the Proximity, she fell head over heels with the space, and loved the endless possibilities it held. After about a year of planning, Sarah Rose and Osman were married on June 22nd, before 100 close friends and family members. Their romantic summer wedding reflected the couple’s individual personalities, and their devotion to one another. From their sweet handwritten vows, to their nontraditional music (Sarah Rose walked down the aisle to the classic oldies hit “Going to the Chapel of Love,”) to hula hooping, their wedding was iconically them.
- Mini Burgers on Baked Gougere
- Vegetarian Flatbread with Mushroom Spread, Tomato Confit, Spinach, and Prima Donna Cheese
- Fresh Fruit Display with Dipping Sauce
- Seasonal Greens with House Vinaigrette and Creamy Herb Dressing
- Chicken Piperade — Chicken Breast served with a Tomato and Pepper based Sauce, served with Black Rice
- Filet with Diane Sauce, served with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- Cabbage Rolls, stuffed with Roasted Mushrooms and Barley, with a Tomato Pernod Sauce
Wedding Magic Makers:
- Officiate: Dr. Reverend Susan Kennedy, with Perfect Circle Weddings
- Wedding Director: Rich Gilliland (friend of the bride)
- Florist: Brenda McLamb, with Proximity Hotel
- Linens: Party Tables
- Photography: Carissa Chee
- Bakery: Delicious (Strawberry Shortcake)
- DJ: K2 Productions
For more information on the event you are planning in Greensboro, North Carolina, please complete our inquiry form, email our Sales Team members, or give us a call at O.Henry Hotel: 336-854-2000 or Proximity Hotel: 336-478-9111.